New day centre opens near Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Herons Lea Lodge will provide care for people of all ages
A new day care centre has opened near Bideford.
Herons Lodge Day Centre at Abbotsham opened yesterday (Tuesday) and will run throughout the week from Mondays to Fridays.
It caters for people of all ages and all disabilities, with clinets’ ages ranging from 40 up to 100.
It has been created by Anita Dymond, the owner of Herons Lea Residential Home next door, who gave up her own bungalow on the grounds to create the centre.
You may also want to watch:
It will be run by Frankie Filmer, who worked at Springfield Day Centre for 19 years before it was closed and she was made redundant by Devon County Council.
She said Herons Lea was an exciting opportunity to continue providing day care in the area tailored to peoples’ needs.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 6 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
“We will be taking a maximum of eight clients per day and care will be individual to each person and tailored to their needs,” she said.
“I am so excited about it because there’s not many opportunities around for day care and Springfield had a fantastic reputation, so I want to continue the same standards of care that we provided there.”
To find out more, call Herons Lea on 01237 476176.