New shop opens up in Croyde ready for summer
- Credit: Archant
A Croyde business owner has opened up his second shop in the village ahead of the summer season.
Ali Poll and his wife Sally have taken over the lease of the former Redwood Surf Shop in Hobbs Hill, which closed last month after 23 years in business.
They have now opened The Beach Hut, selling clothing, jewellery and surf hire.
Ali said he was very grateful to Richard and Rachel Carter for giving them the opportunity after running such a ‘great store’ since 1995 until they retired and shut up shop on June 3.
“We’re very excited; obviously one shop just wasn’t keeping me busy enough,” said Ali, who has owned The Old Cream Shop just a few doors up the road for the last 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather so far this year has been amazing and we’ve noticed more families are coming down for the early season.
“Last year was our busiest year and this year was the busiest Whitsun so far.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank