New shop opens up in Croyde ready for summer
- Credit: Archant
A Croyde business owner has opened up his second shop in the village ahead of the summer season.
Ali Poll and his wife Sally have taken over the lease of the former Redwood Surf Shop in Hobbs Hill, which closed last month after 23 years in business.
They have now opened The Beach Hut, selling clothing, jewellery and surf hire.
Ali said he was very grateful to Richard and Rachel Carter for giving them the opportunity after running such a ‘great store’ since 1995 until they retired and shut up shop on June 3.
“We’re very excited; obviously one shop just wasn’t keeping me busy enough,” said Ali, who has owned The Old Cream Shop just a few doors up the road for the last 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather so far this year has been amazing and we’ve noticed more families are coming down for the early season.
“Last year was our busiest year and this year was the busiest Whitsun so far.”
- 1 Shocked widow finds drunken sailor asleep in her Bideford home
- 2 Summer car parking charges hike planned for North Devon
- 3 'Harnessing the spirituality' of Lundy Island
- 4 Fatal car crash on the A39 near Kilkhampton
- 5 40% of Devon adults have received first Covid vaccination
- 6 North Devon MP 'disappointed' Covid restrictions not lifted sooner
- 7 Over and Above helps patients with dementia stay connected
- 8 Councillor 'sets record straight' on Brunswick Wharf development
- 9 'Incredible Hulk' jailed for Barnstaple street attack
- 10 Barnstaple now a flood prevention priority after 'worst flood event'