New course on North Devon coast kicks off next week
A new course that plunges into the fascinating world of the seas and coasts of North Devon begins on Thursday of next week (January 7) in Barnstaple. The 10-week programme is the next informative instalment from Coastwise North Devon, an award-winning loc
A new course that plunges into the fascinating world of the seas and coasts of North Devon begins on Thursday of next week (January 7) in Barnstaple.
The 10-week programme is the next informative instalment from Coastwise North Devon, an award-winning local group that champions the coast and its wildlife.
The Thursday morning sessions at Barnstaple Library are open to anyone interested in learning more about the coast and its wildlife. The cost is �30 for the 10 sessions plus associated activities such as getting out and about to explore the local coast and its wealth of sea shore wildlife.
Topics covered during the Coastwise programme by experts drawn from across Devon will range from the depths of the sea to the sky and cover marine plants and animals. Conservation will be included too, in the year that sees the introduction of the UK's first ever Marine Act.
You may also want to watch:
"We welcome anyone who wants to know more," said Paula Ferris of Coastwise.
"Our aim is to have fun whilst learning about marine life and looking after our coast. This year we are training as shore safari guides and will be running beach visits for the public, a great way to help North Devon celebrate the 50th Anniversary of its Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty."
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
For more information and to join, visit www.coastwisenorthdevon.org.uk or call secretary Marjorie Heath on (01271) 831190.