New course on North Devon coast kicks off next week
A new course that plunges into the fascinating world of the seas and coasts of North Devon begins on Thursday of next week (January 7) in Barnstaple. The 10-week programme is the next informative instalment from Coastwise North Devon, an award-winning loc
A new course that plunges into the fascinating world of the seas and coasts of North Devon begins on Thursday of next week (January 7) in Barnstaple.
The 10-week programme is the next informative instalment from Coastwise North Devon, an award-winning local group that champions the coast and its wildlife.
The Thursday morning sessions at Barnstaple Library are open to anyone interested in learning more about the coast and its wildlife. The cost is �30 for the 10 sessions plus associated activities such as getting out and about to explore the local coast and its wealth of sea shore wildlife.
Topics covered during the Coastwise programme by experts drawn from across Devon will range from the depths of the sea to the sky and cover marine plants and animals. Conservation will be included too, in the year that sees the introduction of the UK's first ever Marine Act.
You may also want to watch:
"We welcome anyone who wants to know more," said Paula Ferris of Coastwise.
"Our aim is to have fun whilst learning about marine life and looking after our coast. This year we are training as shore safari guides and will be running beach visits for the public, a great way to help North Devon celebrate the 50th Anniversary of its Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
For more information and to join, visit www.coastwisenorthdevon.org.uk or call secretary Marjorie Heath on (01271) 831190.