New councillor sought for Fremington
FREMINGTON Parish Council is seeking a parishioner to join its ranks to represent its Roundswell ward. The council is co-opting a new member following the resignation of Graham Turner and needs to hear from anyone interested in the post no later than Wedn
FREMINGTON Parish Council is seeking a parishioner to join its ranks to represent its Roundswell ward.
The council is co-opting a new member following the resignation of Graham Turner and needs to hear from anyone interested in the post no later than Wednesday April 7.
Existing parish councillors are available to chat to potential applicants to explain the role, what is involved and answer any questions they may have. Candidate Packs with more information are also available.
The council will meet to co-opt its new members on Monday, April 12.
"This is an opportunity for local residents to have a voice in their community by standing as a councillor," said a council spokesman.
"The parish council is keen to emphasise the importance and need for local people to stand as councillors. Also the importance of local people communicating with their councillors.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 7 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
"The recent Local Government White Paper proposals aim to bring decision making closer to the people and the parish council is keen to involve the local community."
To find out more about joining Fremington Parish Council, contact the Parish Office on (01271) 321063.