New councillor sought for Fremington
FREMINGTON Parish Council is seeking a parishioner to join its ranks to represent its Roundswell ward. The council is co-opting a new member following the resignation of Graham Turner and needs to hear from anyone interested in the post no later than Wedn
FREMINGTON Parish Council is seeking a parishioner to join its ranks to represent its Roundswell ward.
The council is co-opting a new member following the resignation of Graham Turner and needs to hear from anyone interested in the post no later than Wednesday April 7.
Existing parish councillors are available to chat to potential applicants to explain the role, what is involved and answer any questions they may have. Candidate Packs with more information are also available.
The council will meet to co-opt its new members on Monday, April 12.
You may also want to watch:
"This is an opportunity for local residents to have a voice in their community by standing as a councillor," said a council spokesman.
"The parish council is keen to emphasise the importance and need for local people to stand as councillors. Also the importance of local people communicating with their councillors.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
"The recent Local Government White Paper proposals aim to bring decision making closer to the people and the parish council is keen to involve the local community."
To find out more about joining Fremington Parish Council, contact the Parish Office on (01271) 321063.