New councillor sought for Fremington
FREMINGTON Parish Council is seeking a parishioner to join its ranks to represent its Roundswell ward. The council is co-opting a new member following the resignation of Graham Turner and needs to hear from anyone interested in the post no later than Wedn
FREMINGTON Parish Council is seeking a parishioner to join its ranks to represent its Roundswell ward.
The council is co-opting a new member following the resignation of Graham Turner and needs to hear from anyone interested in the post no later than Wednesday April 7.
Existing parish councillors are available to chat to potential applicants to explain the role, what is involved and answer any questions they may have. Candidate Packs with more information are also available.
The council will meet to co-opt its new members on Monday, April 12.
You may also want to watch:
"This is an opportunity for local residents to have a voice in their community by standing as a councillor," said a council spokesman.
"The parish council is keen to emphasise the importance and need for local people to stand as councillors. Also the importance of local people communicating with their councillors.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
"The recent Local Government White Paper proposals aim to bring decision making closer to the people and the parish council is keen to involve the local community."
To find out more about joining Fremington Parish Council, contact the Parish Office on (01271) 321063.