New Costa Coffee opens its doors in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
National coffee chain opens second branch in the town.
A BRAND new Costa Coffee shop is opening in Barnstaple on Wednesday.
The café is opening up in the former Calor Gas showroom in Station Road, employing 10 people.
Callum Williams, manager of the new Costa Barnstaple store said: “Consumers are becoming increasingly more discerning about their coffee and the purity of its taste – in much the same way as a wine buff would select a glass of wine in a restaurant.
“As a consequence, the popularity of Costa continues to grow.”
You may also want to watch:
The store will be officially opened at 10am on Wednesday by Barnstaple’s deputy mayor, Councillor Mrs Val Elkins.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton