New contract to keep jobs safe
LOCAL jobs are to be safeguarded following the re-appointment of a major housing maintenance contract.
North Devon Homes has awarded a �2.2 million planned maintenance improvement programme to R R Richardson Ltd after previous contractor Connaught Partnerships Limited went into administration last month.
The contract covers improvements across North Devon Homes’ 3,281 properties and includes kitchen and bathroom replacements, gas heating installations, electrical rewires and external decorations.
Richardson said the use of local labour would be a key focus and that it would safeguard the jobs of some former Connaught employees. The firm has re-employed the project administrator, tenant liaison officer and foreman.
Edward Kennedy, asset manager at North Devon Homes, said: “Richardson is a business we know well and they have an excellent track record of delivering high levels of customer satisfaction here in North Devon.
“Their ability to step in at such short notice is excellent news for North Devon Homes and our customers who will have continuity of service.”
John Neville, managing director of Richardson, added: “We are delighted to again be working in partnership with North Devon Homes and protect jobs in the area.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 9 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
“We have already been working closely with the team at North Devon Homes to ensure continuity of service and look forward to delivering significant benefits to its customers through the improvement programme.”