New ‘Come Out’ group to launch in October
The Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender (LGBT) group is being supported by Devon and Cornwall Police.
A NEW Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender (LGBT) group will be officially launching across North Devon and Torridge in October.
Devon and Cornwall Police said it is fully supporting the Come Out group, which will launch on October 19.
The group aims to provide a safe and friendly environment to people who may feel socially isolated.
The first pre-launch drop-in will be held at the Sunrise Community Centre in Castle Street, Barnstaple on September 21, from 11am until 3pm.
Julie Dixon, the North and West Devon police diversity officer, said: “This new initiative is aimed at those who would benefit from LGBT support or simply would who have an interest in meeting with others.
“The group has formed as a result of requests from LGBT people who feel that such support is required in this area.”
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
For more information contact Come Out by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.lgbt.number3.co.uk/comeout.