New ‘Come Out’ group to launch in October
The Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender (LGBT) group is being supported by Devon and Cornwall Police.
A NEW Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender (LGBT) group will be officially launching across North Devon and Torridge in October.
Devon and Cornwall Police said it is fully supporting the Come Out group, which will launch on October 19.
The group aims to provide a safe and friendly environment to people who may feel socially isolated.
The first pre-launch drop-in will be held at the Sunrise Community Centre in Castle Street, Barnstaple on September 21, from 11am until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Dixon, the North and West Devon police diversity officer, said: “This new initiative is aimed at those who would benefit from LGBT support or simply would who have an interest in meeting with others.
“The group has formed as a result of requests from LGBT people who feel that such support is required in this area.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
For more information contact Come Out by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.lgbt.number3.co.uk/comeout.