New charity shop for South Molton
SOUTH Molton s newest charity shop is set to be opened on Thursday by the town s Rotary Club. The official opening will take place at 9am, with local business man Mervyn Way will be cutting the ribbon. Rotary members in the town have grabbed an opport
SOUTH Molton's newest charity shop is set to be opened on Thursday by the town's Rotary Club.
The official opening will take place at 9am, with local business man Mervyn Way will be cutting the ribbon.
Rotary members in the town have grabbed an opportunity to set up the shop in East Street and support local good causes. Long time Rotarian Helen Macintosh has offered her support by providing the shop base and a number of volunteers.
Club president Barrie Lewis-Ranwell is very enthusiastic about the project and said: "We are so pleased to have this opportunity to raise money to support the needs of our local community. I know it will be a lot of work for our club and the volunteers, but I am confident it will be a success.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been really fortunate to have the help of Helen Macintosh and Debbie Pateman, from Secrets in Queen Street, who both bring a wealth of retail and charity experience to this venture."
It is a huge challenge for the club and members are determined to make it work. The shop will be open for business on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9am until 1.30pm. Donations of good quality clothing, toys and household goods, but not electrical items, are very much appreciated and can be delivered to the shop during opening hours.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality