New charity shop for South Molton
SOUTH Molton s newest charity shop is set to be opened on Thursday by the town s Rotary Club. The official opening will take place at 9am, with local business man Mervyn Way will be cutting the ribbon. Rotary members in the town have grabbed an opport
SOUTH Molton's newest charity shop is set to be opened on Thursday by the town's Rotary Club.
The official opening will take place at 9am, with local business man Mervyn Way will be cutting the ribbon.
Rotary members in the town have grabbed an opportunity to set up the shop in East Street and support local good causes. Long time Rotarian Helen Macintosh has offered her support by providing the shop base and a number of volunteers.
Club president Barrie Lewis-Ranwell is very enthusiastic about the project and said: "We are so pleased to have this opportunity to raise money to support the needs of our local community. I know it will be a lot of work for our club and the volunteers, but I am confident it will be a success.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been really fortunate to have the help of Helen Macintosh and Debbie Pateman, from Secrets in Queen Street, who both bring a wealth of retail and charity experience to this venture."
It is a huge challenge for the club and members are determined to make it work. The shop will be open for business on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9am until 1.30pm. Donations of good quality clothing, toys and household goods, but not electrical items, are very much appreciated and can be delivered to the shop during opening hours.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone