New chapter for Abbotsham school library
Work to extend and refurbish the library will get underway the Christmas
A NEW chapter of fun and learning is about to open for youngsters at St Helen’s Primary school in Abbotsham.
A �7,000 project to refurbish and extend the school’s library will begin during the Christmas holiday; and thanks to the school’s PTA, the new-look library will be stacked high with the very latest books.
The association has been busy raising �1,500 to kit out the new resource with books, shelves and seats. It has held school discos, cake stalls, pantomime trips and sold Easter and Christmas gift hampers to help with the re-vamp.
PTA chairman Tony Picillo said he hoped the donation would be the first of many towards the new library.
You may also want to watch:
The PTA is holding a Christmas fayre after the nativity finishes on Friday, December 10. The event will feature a variety of stalls, children’s entertainment, and a second-hand uniform stall where old uniform items can be sold on to raise money for the school.
Father Christmas will be in his grotto and parents will be able to enjoy a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
“We would love some help to run stalls etc so if you are free that day, please put your name on the list at the school,” said Lin Walkey.