New chapter for Abbotsham school library
Work to extend and refurbish the library will get underway the Christmas
A NEW chapter of fun and learning is about to open for youngsters at St Helen’s Primary school in Abbotsham.
A �7,000 project to refurbish and extend the school’s library will begin during the Christmas holiday; and thanks to the school’s PTA, the new-look library will be stacked high with the very latest books.
The association has been busy raising �1,500 to kit out the new resource with books, shelves and seats. It has held school discos, cake stalls, pantomime trips and sold Easter and Christmas gift hampers to help with the re-vamp.
PTA chairman Tony Picillo said he hoped the donation would be the first of many towards the new library.
You may also want to watch:
The PTA is holding a Christmas fayre after the nativity finishes on Friday, December 10. The event will feature a variety of stalls, children’s entertainment, and a second-hand uniform stall where old uniform items can be sold on to raise money for the school.
Father Christmas will be in his grotto and parents will be able to enjoy a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
“We would love some help to run stalls etc so if you are free that day, please put your name on the list at the school,” said Lin Walkey.