New care village approved for Torrington
Plans committee approve application for facility providing round-the-clock residential and dementia care.
PROPOSALS for a new care village in Torrington have been approved by Torridge District Council’s plans committee.
Councillors voted unanimously for 24 apartments, three six-bedroom bungalows and a social centre to be built next to the existing Hatchmoor Home.
Hatchmoor Care Village will provide residential and dementia care and each bungalow would have a full time, live-in carer.
Solomon Singh, manager of Hatchmoor Home, said: “The next step will be to finalise plans and start building next year, hopefully in the spring/summer time.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank Great Torrington Town Council for its support and to the planning committee for passing the application.
“This will provide a big boost for the job market in Torrington and the local economy.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
It is estimated the facility, which will provide round the clock care, will be open early 2014.