New cancer support group in Holsworthy
- Credit: Archant
Group set up for those affected by cancer in the Holsworthy area.
A NEW support group has been set up in Holsworthy for people who have been affected by cancer.
The group enables local residents who have suffered from any form of cancer – as well as carers, family and friends – to share experiences with like-minded people over tea or coffee.
It was set up by local patient Alan Watkins, who felt more support was needed in the Holsworthy area.
Alan said: “The intention is to provide a meeting place for anyone who has been affected by cancer so they can gain help and support in a friendly and informal way.
You may also want to watch:
“I suffered cancer and feel there are many people in the area who, like me, will benefit from such a support group.”
The cancer support group is led by members with support from the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, which provides leaflets, advice and other information.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
The next meeting will take place in the Manor Suite at Holsworthy Memorial Hall on Monday, June 30 from 6.30pm to 8pm.
For more information, call Charlotte Overney, the trust’s lead cancer nurse, on 01271 314010 or e-mail her at email@example.com.