New Bideford Wetherspoon to open next Tuesday
- Credit: Archant
The Rose Salterne will open its doors at the former Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre in Bridgeland Street.
THE new Bideford Wetherspoon, The Rose Salterne, will open in the town next Tuesday.
The company has spent £1.5 million re-developing the outlet from the former Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre in Bridgeland Street.
The new bar and restaurant will create 50 new jobs and managers Pete and Emma Bowman will be taking the helm.
The pub name refers to the heroine of the historical novel Westward Ho! by Charles Kingsley, who was described as ‘a beautiful girl of 18, that half North Devon was mad about’.
You may also want to watch:
The Rose Salterne will open on Tuesday at 8am and will be open 8am until midnight Sunday to Thursday, and 8am until 1am on Friday and Saturday.
It will specialise in real ales and serve a large range of beers including local and regional varieties. Food will also be served throughout the day.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Mr Bowman added: “Myself, Emma and the team are looking forward to welcoming customers into the pub and we are confident that it will be a great addition to Bideford’s community.”