New Bideford supermarket opens for business
Champagne and cake for customers at East-the-Water Tesco
BIDEFORD’s new Tesco store has celebrated its big opening with donations to three local charities.
Representatives from the Pollyfield Centre, Great Torrington School, and Children’s Hospice South West, as well as the Mayor and Mayoress of Bideford, Councillor Phil and Pam Pester, were the guests of honour at the East-the-Water store this morning (Monday).
Store manager Ian Davey presented the charity and school representatives with a giant cheque for �500 each. In addition, the Mayor cut the ribbon to officially open the 25,000 square foot store at Manteo Way. The first customers through the doors were treated to champagne, orange juice and cake.
Mr Davey said: “We are excited to have finally opened our doors. It was great meeting everyone, and I was delighted to have been able to present the charities and the school with their cheques.”
You may also want to watch:
“We will strive to offer great value for money with fantastic customer service for people living or working in the area who want a convenient place to shop for all their household and family needs.”
He added: “My colleagues and I are enjoying welcoming our customers into the new store and we hope that Tesco will become a key part of the local community.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 7 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home