New Bideford supermarket opens for business
Champagne and cake for customers at East-the-Water Tesco
BIDEFORD’s new Tesco store has celebrated its big opening with donations to three local charities.
Representatives from the Pollyfield Centre, Great Torrington School, and Children’s Hospice South West, as well as the Mayor and Mayoress of Bideford, Councillor Phil and Pam Pester, were the guests of honour at the East-the-Water store this morning (Monday).
Store manager Ian Davey presented the charity and school representatives with a giant cheque for �500 each. In addition, the Mayor cut the ribbon to officially open the 25,000 square foot store at Manteo Way. The first customers through the doors were treated to champagne, orange juice and cake.
Mr Davey said: “We are excited to have finally opened our doors. It was great meeting everyone, and I was delighted to have been able to present the charities and the school with their cheques.”
You may also want to watch:
“We will strive to offer great value for money with fantastic customer service for people living or working in the area who want a convenient place to shop for all their household and family needs.”
He added: “My colleagues and I are enjoying welcoming our customers into the new store and we hope that Tesco will become a key part of the local community.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386