New Bideford riverside bistro
THE former Swan Inn at East-the-Water, Bideford, is to be reborn this month as The Riverbank bar and bistro.
John Hamilton and his wife Nicky will be re-opening the new-look premises next week, following major refurbishment.
John formerly lived and played football in East-the-Water and still has many friends there. During the 1980s he was manager of The Royal Hotel, just a short distance from The Riverbank, and he has also worked in other of the Brend group hotels, at Skern Lodge in Appledore and at one of the area’s most popular local restaurants.
Now John is planning to run his own kitchen, while Nicky looks after front of house at The Riverbank.
Refurbishments have seen the premises transformed, opened up right through and including a decked garden area to provide summer diners with an uninterrupted view over the River Torridge.
You may also want to watch:
“We are indebted to the building team who have transformed The Swan into the Riverbank in a short space of time and look forward to welcoming customers into a fresh and relaxed atmosphere,” said John.
Initially the couple will be offering carveries on Saturday nights and Sunday lunch and dinner as well as a daily a-la-carte menu.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
The Riverbank will be opening to the public from lunchtime, Thursday, February 24. Bookings are already being taken on (01237) 473399.