New Bideford riverside bistro
THE former Swan Inn at East-the-Water, Bideford, is to be reborn this month as The Riverbank bar and bistro.
John Hamilton and his wife Nicky will be re-opening the new-look premises next week, following major refurbishment.
John formerly lived and played football in East-the-Water and still has many friends there. During the 1980s he was manager of The Royal Hotel, just a short distance from The Riverbank, and he has also worked in other of the Brend group hotels, at Skern Lodge in Appledore and at one of the area’s most popular local restaurants.
Now John is planning to run his own kitchen, while Nicky looks after front of house at The Riverbank.
Refurbishments have seen the premises transformed, opened up right through and including a decked garden area to provide summer diners with an uninterrupted view over the River Torridge.
You may also want to watch:
“We are indebted to the building team who have transformed The Swan into the Riverbank in a short space of time and look forward to welcoming customers into a fresh and relaxed atmosphere,” said John.
Initially the couple will be offering carveries on Saturday nights and Sunday lunch and dinner as well as a daily a-la-carte menu.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
The Riverbank will be opening to the public from lunchtime, Thursday, February 24. Bookings are already being taken on (01237) 473399.