New base for Exmoor rescue team
EXMOOR Search and Rescue has celebrated the start of the New Year by moving to bigger and better premises in South Molton. The team had outgrown its previous base in Barnstaple, and is currently adapting a larger unit at the Pathfields Business Park in re
EXMOOR Search and Rescue has celebrated the start of the New Year by moving to bigger and better premises in South Molton.
The team had outgrown its previous base in Barnstaple, and is currently adapting a larger unit at the Pathfields Business Park in readiness for a move in the next few months.
The new base, with excellent transport links and close proximity to Exmoor National Park, will include a garage area for two rescue vehicles; kit storage areas; equipment drying facilities; and a team training room.
"The unit in Barnstaple has served the team well, however, in recent years the team has outgrown the premises and for the past year and more, a search has been undertaken for a new home," said a spokesperson on the team's website.
You may also want to watch:
"The new rescue centre in South Molton, together with our third rescue vehicle based in Wellington and team kit stores in both Barnstaple and Taunton, will mean that the team can serve our operational area more quickly and efficiently than ever before."
As a registered charity the next challenge for Exmoor Search and Rescue will be to source materials and equipment to kit out the unit as cheaply as possible. Anyone who can help is asked to contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand