New Barnstaple housing development to be decided by council
- Credit: Archant
Scaled down plans for Goodleigh Road to go before council.
AMMENDED plans for a new housing development off Goodleigh Road in Barnstaple are set to be determined by North Devon Council.
Wainhomes (South West) Holdings Limited has scaled back original proposals for 182 homes.
The scheme was rejected at appeal in February and a new plan for 62 homes submitted in the summer has since been slashed to 51 properties.
The current plan covers a third of the former site and focuses on a five acre section bounded by Goodleigh Road to the south and two properties, Tollgate Cottage and Wellclose, on the south eastern.
You may also want to watch:
A statement accompanying the proposal said the scheme had evolved following the previous refusal.
Wainhomes said the design has been adjusted following discussions with planning officers and comments from statutory consultees.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
It said: “The revised layout has addressed a number of comments raised during consultation.
“The scheme still allows for much needed affordable housing in the area. By reducing the number of plots the scheme will have less of a visual impact on the area.
Councillors will meet on Wednesday, January 8 to decide the application.