New Barnstaple dance group is open to all
- Credit: Archant
Diversity Crew gives all abilities the chance to get their grove on.
YOUNG people with disabilities are getting a groove on at North Devon’s newest performing arts group.
The Diversity Crew, launched in association with the Barnstaple-based Unlimited Dance Company is giving children with special needs their chance to share the stage in an ‘inclusive theatre’ group that’s open to all.
The group meets every Saturday morning from 9.45-11 at dance studios in Mill Road, Barnstaple, and all children aged five to 12 are welcome, whatever their ability or disability.
Founder Sarah Clements, who formed the Unlimited Dance Company in 2004, said she was inspired to launch an all-inclusive theatre group after working at the Chicken Shed in London in the 1990s.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to start something similar in North Devon and now have a great team behind me making it possible,” she said.
“The Diversity Crew shares a passion for dance, singing and acting and feels that every person should be given the opportunity to enjoy these art forms no matter what disability they have.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
“Children without disabilities are also welcome, as are siblings, to promote a sense of belonging and unity.”
For more information about the Diversity Crew, call Sarah on 01271 268272 or visit www.thediversitycrew.co.uk