New Barnstaple Chemo Unit is unveiled
- Credit: Archant
As fund raising nears the £1.5million mark, a first look at the new North Devon Chemotherapy Unit as a 3D model is put on display in the hospital foyer.
A 3D model of the planned £2.2million chemotherapy and day treatment unit at North Devon District Hospital has been unveiled today (Monday).
The model – along with detailed illustrations of the plans – are now on display in the main foyer at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The design was revealed as it was announced the Chemotherapy Appeal was on the brink on hitting the £1.5million mark, with just £700,000 to go.
The proposed purpose-built unit will be located alongside, and linked to, the main hospital building.
You may also want to watch:
It will have its own drop-off point, reception and waiting area, consulting rooms for haematology and oncology outpatients, two open-plan rooms for chemotherapy and other treatment plus two separate en-suite treatment rooms.
Other features include pre-treatment rooms, a quiet room, staff room and courtyard area.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
The plans, put together by architects from David Wilson Partnership, have now been approved by the project team and project board.
It is hoped North Devon Council planners can make a decision by mid June and, subject to approval, building work could start in the autumn.
“This is a very exciting time for everybody involved and we wanted to give the public and staff the opportunity to see the plans up close and in person,” said Jac Kelly, chief executive of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
“The 3D model and illustrations will give people a close insight into the fantastic new facilities, which will make a real difference to thousands of patients and their families in North Devon.
“Now people can see that this project is really coming together, we hope it will add extra momentum towards reaching the £2.2million target.”