New £135k dance studio for Torridge Pool
Pool at the Northam will open the new studio in November.
A NEW ‘state of the art’ dance and exercise studio will be opening at the Torridge Pool in Northam this autumn.
Work on the £135,000 project, jointly funded by 1610 Leisure and Torridge District Council, will begin on Monday, September 9.
The new studio will have a sprung floor, improved lighting and ventilation, ballet bars and mirrored walls.
Pearce Construction will be completing the building contract after winning a competitive tendering process.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Copp, group exercise manager for 1610 said: “Every effort has been made to continue to offer group exercise classes during the refurbishments and we are grateful to our partners at TDC for their support in providing an alternative venue.
“Whilst there will be some minor disruption we are aiming to maintain around 85% of the current class programme during the building works.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
The studio is set to be open on Monday, November 18.
Andy Boyd, Torridge District Council’s lead member for health, said: “This is excellent news as the refurbishment works when finished will allow 1610 to be able to offer more exercise classes for local people in a state of the art studio.
“I look forward to seeing the improvements in November.”