Netballers shoot a calendar for North Devon Hospice
Players swap the court for the studio to produce charity calendar
NORTH Devon netballers have swapped the court for the photographer’s studio to produce a charity calendar being sold in aid of North Devon Hospice.
Around 140 players from the Carol Anne Netball Club were involved with the fun photoshoot, also designed to help raise money for the Barnstaple-based club.
Netballers aged from seven to 50 appear in a variety of whacky themed shots, with different teams representing each month of the year.
Carol Anne Diamonds player Megan Bailey said the idea for a calendar started off as a joke but quickly took shape with the help of local photographer Steve Nuth.
You may also want to watch:
“It was all organised in the space of a few weeks but we’re really pleased with the end result,” said Megan, who appears in December dressed as a Christmas present.
“We hold various club fund-raisers throughout the year and decided to help raise money for North Devon Hospice.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
Local businesses, including the North Devon Gazette, have each sponsored a page in the calendar.
The club has printed 1,000 copies and hopes to raise �2,000 for the hospice, by donating �2 from every calendar sold.
It is available to buy at the North Devon Gazette offices in Old Station Road; the BIG Sheep Christmas markets on December 10, 17 and 21; and the North Devon Hospice Santa Fun Run at Barnstaple Football Club this Sunday.