Coastal car parks in North Devon resume charging this weekend
- Credit: Google
North Devon Council-run car parks in coastal areas will be chargeable again from this weekend.
Charges in the councils car parks in Croyde, Hele, Woolacombe, Mortehoe and Ilfracombe will start from Saturday, May 23.
The council said the easing of lockdown restrictions has led to more people visiting local beauty spots.
It said the move was in response to concerns from local residents that free car parking is acting as a draw to tourists coming in from out of area.
Machines will not be taking cash in a bid to avoid the risk of infection, with customers advised to use the RingGo parking system or contactless payment.
Payment via RingGo can be made in advance, or at the time, and can be extended at any time without having to return to the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Credit or debit card payments have a minimum spend of £3.30.
The car parks opening this weekend are:
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
– Hillsborough, Ilfracombe
– Jubilee Gardens, Ilfracombe
– Jubilee Gardens Museum, Ilfracombe
– Larkstone Lane, Ilfracombe
– Marine Drive, Ilfracombe
– Oxford Grove, Ilfracombe
– Pier, Ilfracombe
– Wilder Road, Ilfracombe