Nativity pictures: Maurice the mule’s restless night
- Credit: Archant
Toddlers perform traditional festive play at packed Alverdiscot Village Hall
TODDLERS turned stars of the stage on Saturday for a performance of a traditional nativity play at a packed Alverdiscott Village Hall.
Children from Claire’s Children’s Nurseries in Barnstaple and Northam put in three performances of ‘Away in a Manger’ to different audiences throughout the day.
Youngsters from each nursery took it in turns to tell the story of Maurice the Mule, who had a disturbed night with animals playing in his manger – as well as shepherds, kings and a baby.
The children acted out the parts of the stable animals and special visitors – all of whom stopped poor Maurice from munching his hay!
You may also want to watch:
Special praise should go to Jayden Sadd, Finn Keeble and Jack Dearnley-Pearson, who were all brilliant as Maurice.
Send your nativity pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Click here for more North Devon nativity pictures.