Nativity pictures: Maurice the mule’s restless night
- Credit: Archant
Toddlers perform traditional festive play at packed Alverdiscot Village Hall
TODDLERS turned stars of the stage on Saturday for a performance of a traditional nativity play at a packed Alverdiscott Village Hall.
Children from Claire’s Children’s Nurseries in Barnstaple and Northam put in three performances of ‘Away in a Manger’ to different audiences throughout the day.
Youngsters from each nursery took it in turns to tell the story of Maurice the Mule, who had a disturbed night with animals playing in his manger – as well as shepherds, kings and a baby.
The children acted out the parts of the stable animals and special visitors – all of whom stopped poor Maurice from munching his hay!
You may also want to watch:
Special praise should go to Jayden Sadd, Finn Keeble and Jack Dearnley-Pearson, who were all brilliant as Maurice.
Send your nativity pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
Click here for more North Devon nativity pictures.