National success for Braunton Inn chefs
Talented trip whisk away prize in nationwide Vintage Inns culinary competition.
A trio of chefs from the Braunton Inn have beaten 200 rivals to carry off a national culinary award.
The kitchen team from the restaurant on Braunton Road triumphed in a national final at the College of Food in Birmingham, having already been crowned kings of the South West.
The annual ‘V-Factor’ event hosted by Vintage Inns saw 14 regional winners from Inverness to Southampton battle over a series of high pressure culinary tasks.
This included creating a starter and main course from ingredients given to them just minutes before the cook-off.
You may also want to watch:
As well as winning a �1,000 day out for the Braunton Inn kitchen team, ther three - Nico Faassen, Andrew Barrett and Kieron Body - will also get to create a signature dish to go on a future Vintage Inns menu nationwide.
“We’re both proud and delighted for them, especially as the competition was so stiff and they were up against the cream of Vintage Inns’ kitchens from all over the UK,” said landlord Simon Baskcomb.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“It is fair reward for all the hard work and creativity they put into their jobs week in and week out. They have bags of talent and a real passion for consistently good food.”