National success for Braunton Inn chefs
Talented trip whisk away prize in nationwide Vintage Inns culinary competition.
A trio of chefs from the Braunton Inn have beaten 200 rivals to carry off a national culinary award.
The kitchen team from the restaurant on Braunton Road triumphed in a national final at the College of Food in Birmingham, having already been crowned kings of the South West.
The annual ‘V-Factor’ event hosted by Vintage Inns saw 14 regional winners from Inverness to Southampton battle over a series of high pressure culinary tasks.
This included creating a starter and main course from ingredients given to them just minutes before the cook-off.
You may also want to watch:
As well as winning a �1,000 day out for the Braunton Inn kitchen team, ther three - Nico Faassen, Andrew Barrett and Kieron Body - will also get to create a signature dish to go on a future Vintage Inns menu nationwide.
“We’re both proud and delighted for them, especially as the competition was so stiff and they were up against the cream of Vintage Inns’ kitchens from all over the UK,” said landlord Simon Baskcomb.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
“It is fair reward for all the hard work and creativity they put into their jobs week in and week out. They have bags of talent and a real passion for consistently good food.”