National success for Braunton Inn chefs
Talented trip whisk away prize in nationwide Vintage Inns culinary competition.
A trio of chefs from the Braunton Inn have beaten 200 rivals to carry off a national culinary award.
The kitchen team from the restaurant on Braunton Road triumphed in a national final at the College of Food in Birmingham, having already been crowned kings of the South West.
The annual ‘V-Factor’ event hosted by Vintage Inns saw 14 regional winners from Inverness to Southampton battle over a series of high pressure culinary tasks.
This included creating a starter and main course from ingredients given to them just minutes before the cook-off.
As well as winning a �1,000 day out for the Braunton Inn kitchen team, ther three - Nico Faassen, Andrew Barrett and Kieron Body - will also get to create a signature dish to go on a future Vintage Inns menu nationwide.
“We’re both proud and delighted for them, especially as the competition was so stiff and they were up against the cream of Vintage Inns’ kitchens from all over the UK,” said landlord Simon Baskcomb.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
- 10 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
“It is fair reward for all the hard work and creativity they put into their jobs week in and week out. They have bags of talent and a real passion for consistently good food.”