Name that Ilfracombe ferry!
THE new Severn Link FastCat ferry might have made a brief foray to Ilfracombe on Thursday but it still remains nameless, so local schoolchildren have been invited help put that to rights. The vessel will be sailing from Ilfracombe to Swansea this Easter a
THE new Severn Link FastCat ferry might have made a brief foray to Ilfracombe on Thursday but it still remains nameless, so local schoolchildren have been invited help put that to rights.
The vessel will be sailing from Ilfracombe to Swansea this Easter and by entering the Severn Link for Schools Competition, youngsters have the opportunity to make their mark on history, win a school outing aboard the ferry and the opportunity to be guests of honour at the Easter launch.
The competition is open to every school child in the North Devon area between the ages of seven-12 and is being rolled out through local primary schools.
It has three themed categories to choose from - Celtic mythology, local landscapes or famous people - so children can really get creative in choosing a name which represents the best of the Ilfracombe and North Devon area.
You may also want to watch:
The service will be the first modern regular ferry route across the Bristol Channel, linking Ilfracombe with Swansea and the wider South Wales area.
The fast, fun and affordable crossing will be around 50 minutes on swift catamarans carrying 360 passengers.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
The ferries will come to represent a major part of the local identity for years to come, as well as opening up travel, tourism and lifestyle opportunities for the people of Ilfracombe and North Devon.
Severn Link is also offering a 20 per cent discount on ferry travel for a year for all schools that enter the competition - ideal for cultural school trips to South Wales and beyond!
For more information on the prizes available and for entry details, visit www.severnlink.com/schools.
And visit www.severnlink.com for up-to-date information on the routes, destinations, company developments, special launch offers and forthcoming announcements of great package deals.