Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- Credit: Archant
Mystery surrounds why a 21-year-old painter and decorator hanged himself at a house where he had been working.
Joshua Samat had been working at a property on a plot on a building site in Chard, Somerset, last July.
An inquest heard his workmate Mark Underwood thought Joshua, of Victoria Road, Barnstaple, North Devon, had overslept when he could not wake him at their lodgings at 6am and he went to work alone.
But after completing his work on one house, Mr Underwood went to check on Joshua in a neighbouring property where he had been working the day before and found him hanging from a banister.
The senior Somerset coroner Tony Williams said Joshua's family could not add anything as to why he had done this.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Williams said Joshua had not left a note or any messages, there was no medical history to help him and no suspicious circumstances.
He said Joshua died from hanging and recorded a suicide conclusion at the Taunton inquest.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 9 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 10 Men admit Ilfracombe park stabbing