Musical cinema chills at Croyde and Fremington
Silent horror classic Nosferatu accompanied by spine-tingling live band Minima.
A special brand of atmospheric spookiness is coming to North Devon as the Croyde Deckchair Cinema presents silent horror classic Nosferatu – with a full live band accompaniment.
Croyde Village Hall will return to the days of silent movies on Thursday, October 27 with a Halloween special screening of the 1922 Dracula story.
The show is also playing at Fremington Quay Caf� on Friday, October 28 at 7.30pm.
Instead of the traditional piano, the spine-tingling sound accompaniment will be performed by modern four-piece band Minima.
You may also want to watch:
Their musical style ranges from ambient to quasi-classical to rock, and the band are renowned for their chilling work after a run of midnight performances at the Edinburgh Fringe this year.
Fancy dress is positively encouraged and the event is being presented by Beaford Arts.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
The Deckchair Cinema at Croyde Village Hall offers comfy deckchairs, popcorn plus a licensed bar. Doors open 7.30pm, film start at 8.
Tickets and information for both shows are available from www.croydedeckchaircinema.co.uk.