Musical cinema chills at Croyde and Fremington
Silent horror classic Nosferatu accompanied by spine-tingling live band Minima.
A special brand of atmospheric spookiness is coming to North Devon as the Croyde Deckchair Cinema presents silent horror classic Nosferatu – with a full live band accompaniment.
Croyde Village Hall will return to the days of silent movies on Thursday, October 27 with a Halloween special screening of the 1922 Dracula story.
The show is also playing at Fremington Quay Caf� on Friday, October 28 at 7.30pm.
Instead of the traditional piano, the spine-tingling sound accompaniment will be performed by modern four-piece band Minima.
You may also want to watch:
Their musical style ranges from ambient to quasi-classical to rock, and the band are renowned for their chilling work after a run of midnight performances at the Edinburgh Fringe this year.
Fancy dress is positively encouraged and the event is being presented by Beaford Arts.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
The Deckchair Cinema at Croyde Village Hall offers comfy deckchairs, popcorn plus a licensed bar. Doors open 7.30pm, film start at 8.
Tickets and information for both shows are available from www.croydedeckchaircinema.co.uk.