Music lovers head for Lynton
MUSIC lovers are descending up on Little Switzerland today (Saturday) for this year s Lynton and Lynmouth Music Festival (LLAMA). The action – which kicked off in style last night with a hip-hop and reggae DJ set at Lynton Town Hall, takes place in vari
MUSIC lovers are descending up on "Little Switzerland" today (Saturday) for this year's Lynton and Lynmouth Music Festival (LLAMA).
The action - which kicked off in style last night with a hip-hop and reggae DJ set at Lynton Town Hall, takes place in various venues around the twin villages throughout today and tomorrow.
A hugely crammed festival programme features a host of artists appearing on the Manor Stage at Lynmouth, while more music from local, national and international musicians takes place at the Crown Hotel, Blue Ball Inn and the Queen's in Lynton, as well as at the Twist and Spout fringe music stage and caf� tent on the sea front, and at St Mary's Church and Woody Bay.
Names include Badly Drawn Boy, David Holmes, Amy Newton, Zamba, the Paper Tigers, the Black Swan effect, The Yum Yums, Cosmic Raygun, the Travelling Band, First Degree Burn.
You may also want to watch:
For a full line up, visit www.llama.org.uk.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 8 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank