Music lovers head for Lynton
MUSIC lovers are descending up on Little Switzerland today (Saturday) for this year s Lynton and Lynmouth Music Festival (LLAMA). The action – which kicked off in style last night with a hip-hop and reggae DJ set at Lynton Town Hall, takes place in vari
MUSIC lovers are descending up on "Little Switzerland" today (Saturday) for this year's Lynton and Lynmouth Music Festival (LLAMA).
The action - which kicked off in style last night with a hip-hop and reggae DJ set at Lynton Town Hall, takes place in various venues around the twin villages throughout today and tomorrow.
A hugely crammed festival programme features a host of artists appearing on the Manor Stage at Lynmouth, while more music from local, national and international musicians takes place at the Crown Hotel, Blue Ball Inn and the Queen's in Lynton, as well as at the Twist and Spout fringe music stage and caf� tent on the sea front, and at St Mary's Church and Woody Bay.
Names include Badly Drawn Boy, David Holmes, Amy Newton, Zamba, the Paper Tigers, the Black Swan effect, The Yum Yums, Cosmic Raygun, the Travelling Band, First Degree Burn.
You may also want to watch:
For a full line up, visit www.llama.org.uk.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park