Museum launches £50k skate park appeal in Braunton
- Credit: Archant
The Museum of British Surfing is hoping to raise an initial £5,000 to kick start the regeneration of Braunton Skate Bowl.
AN APPEAL has been launched this week to turn Braunton’s run down skate bowl into a unique, state-of-the-art facility.
The Museum of British Surfing, which manages the bowl, is hoping to raise an initial £5,000 to kick start the project, which is estimated to cost around £50,000.
Peter Robinson from the Museum of British Surfing, said: “We need to demonstrate that the community is behind this, or it just won’t happen, so the fundraising is vital.
“The reason we’re looking at creating a bespoke bowl-style skate park is so that we can incorporate what’s there already and make the best use of the space.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been told quite clearly the site simply isn’t big enough for street skate furniture to be any good – and we want to make sure it is epic, and that there’s nothing else like it in our area.”
Wheelscape, one of the UK’s top skate park builders, is currently formulating a quote for the site and Peter is hoping to speak to Braunton Parish Council and community.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 5 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 8 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
Keep up to date with the project by liking the Braunton Skate Bowl page on Facebook, or donate via the link on the Museum of British Surfing website.