Museum expert at Fabulous Finds Day in Barnstaple
AN expert from the British Museum will be in Barnstaple on Friday to help identify unknown artefacts the public takes along. The Fabulous Finds Day at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and will see Geoff Egan, National Finds Adviser and Danielle Wo
AN expert from the British Museum will be in Barnstaple on Friday to help identify unknown artefacts the public takes along.
The Fabulous Finds Day at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and will see Geoff Egan, National Finds Adviser and Danielle Wootton, Devon Finds Liaison Officer, on hand to shed light on pieces of pottery, metal, coins or anything else people have discovered.
The event runs from 10.30am- 4pm and is part of the national Heritage Open Days.
"We're really excited to have Geoff Egan here in Barnstaple - it's the first time a member of the British Museum finds team has come to help us identify things in North Devon," said Alison Mills, museums development manager.
You may also want to watch:
"Geoff is the acknowledged expert on all kinds of things from buckles to stirrup mounts, so we're hoping metal detector enthusiasts in particular will take advantage of his expertise and bring in their finds.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer