Museum expert at Fabulous Finds Day in Barnstaple
AN expert from the British Museum will be in Barnstaple on Friday to help identify unknown artefacts the public takes along. The Fabulous Finds Day at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and will see Geoff Egan, National Finds Adviser and Danielle Wo
AN expert from the British Museum will be in Barnstaple on Friday to help identify unknown artefacts the public takes along.
The Fabulous Finds Day at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and will see Geoff Egan, National Finds Adviser and Danielle Wootton, Devon Finds Liaison Officer, on hand to shed light on pieces of pottery, metal, coins or anything else people have discovered.
The event runs from 10.30am- 4pm and is part of the national Heritage Open Days.
"We're really excited to have Geoff Egan here in Barnstaple - it's the first time a member of the British Museum finds team has come to help us identify things in North Devon," said Alison Mills, museums development manager.
You may also want to watch:
"Geoff is the acknowledged expert on all kinds of things from buckles to stirrup mounts, so we're hoping metal detector enthusiasts in particular will take advantage of his expertise and bring in their finds.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink