Museum expert at Fabulous Finds Day in Barnstaple
AN expert from the British Museum will be in Barnstaple on Friday to help identify unknown artefacts the public takes along. The Fabulous Finds Day at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and will see Geoff Egan, National Finds Adviser and Danielle Wo
AN expert from the British Museum will be in Barnstaple on Friday to help identify unknown artefacts the public takes along.
The Fabulous Finds Day at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and will see Geoff Egan, National Finds Adviser and Danielle Wootton, Devon Finds Liaison Officer, on hand to shed light on pieces of pottery, metal, coins or anything else people have discovered.
The event runs from 10.30am- 4pm and is part of the national Heritage Open Days.
"We're really excited to have Geoff Egan here in Barnstaple - it's the first time a member of the British Museum finds team has come to help us identify things in North Devon," said Alison Mills, museums development manager.
You may also want to watch:
"Geoff is the acknowledged expert on all kinds of things from buckles to stirrup mounts, so we're hoping metal detector enthusiasts in particular will take advantage of his expertise and bring in their finds.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple