Murder victim had complained of harassment
IT has emerged that one of the women stabbed to death in Barnstaple on Sunday had complained that she was being harassed by a man. Police confirmed today that a man did receive a harassment warning notice and that on August 20 – two days before the murder
IT has emerged that one of the women stabbed to death in Barnstaple on Sunday had complained that she was being harassed by a man.
Police confirmed today that a man did receive a harassment warning notice and that on August 20 - two days before the murder - the woman had advised police that this had been breached..
A statement issued today said: "On Sunday, August 22, the matter was voluntarily referred to the IPCC by the force's Professional Standards Department.
"The IPCC have since advised that they are content for this matter to be investigated locally."
You may also want to watch:
Deborah Jones and Donna St John, both aged 35, were murdered at a house in Fort Mead Close, Barnstaple.
Their bodies were found after fire broke out at the premises.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Police investigating the case are guarding a 40-year-old man seriously ill in North Devon District Hospital, but have not yet been able to talk to him..