Murder victim had complained of harassment
IT has emerged that one of the women stabbed to death in Barnstaple on Sunday had complained that she was being harassed by a man. Police confirmed today that a man did receive a harassment warning notice and that on August 20 – two days before the murder
IT has emerged that one of the women stabbed to death in Barnstaple on Sunday had complained that she was being harassed by a man.
Police confirmed today that a man did receive a harassment warning notice and that on August 20 - two days before the murder - the woman had advised police that this had been breached..
A statement issued today said: "On Sunday, August 22, the matter was voluntarily referred to the IPCC by the force's Professional Standards Department.
"The IPCC have since advised that they are content for this matter to be investigated locally."
You may also want to watch:
Deborah Jones and Donna St John, both aged 35, were murdered at a house in Fort Mead Close, Barnstaple.
Their bodies were found after fire broke out at the premises.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
Police investigating the case are guarding a 40-year-old man seriously ill in North Devon District Hospital, but have not yet been able to talk to him..