Murder victim had complained of harassment
IT has emerged that one of the women stabbed to death in Barnstaple on Sunday had complained that she was being harassed by a man. Police confirmed today that a man did receive a harassment warning notice and that on August 20 – two days before the murder
IT has emerged that one of the women stabbed to death in Barnstaple on Sunday had complained that she was being harassed by a man.
Police confirmed today that a man did receive a harassment warning notice and that on August 20 - two days before the murder - the woman had advised police that this had been breached..
A statement issued today said: "On Sunday, August 22, the matter was voluntarily referred to the IPCC by the force's Professional Standards Department.
"The IPCC have since advised that they are content for this matter to be investigated locally."
Deborah Jones and Donna St John, both aged 35, were murdered at a house in Fort Mead Close, Barnstaple.
Their bodies were found after fire broke out at the premises.
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 7 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief
Police investigating the case are guarding a 40-year-old man seriously ill in North Devon District Hospital, but have not yet been able to talk to him..