Police launch murder investigation following death of child
- Credit: Archant
Police in North Devon have launched a murder investigation following the death of a young child.
Officers were called to an address in the Holsworthy area by paramedics at around 3.20pm on Tuesday, January 7, where a child was pronounced dead at the scene.
A statement from police said enquiries into the child's death are continuing.
A woman in her 20s has been arrested on suspicion of murder. She has since been released on police bail until April 15.
Detective Inspector Stephanie Blundell said: "The death of any child is deeply traumatic and we would like to iterate the importance of the privacy of the family at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"We therefore remind the public that it is vital that they do not speculate on the identity of either the victim or the suspect in this investigation.
"We would also like to thank the local community for their cooperation during this enquiry."
- 1 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine: Northern Devon patients get their first dose
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman