Murder inquiry in Barnstaple
POLICE have launched a murder inquiry following the discovery of two bodies at a house fire in Barnstaple yesterday (Sunday) morning. A third person, who was injured, was removed from the property in Fort Mead Close and taken to North Devon District Hosp
POLICE have launched a murder inquiry following the discovery of two bodies at a house fire in Barnstaple yesterday (Sunday) morning.
A third person, who was injured, was removed from the property in Fort Mead Close and taken to North Devon District Hospital.
A team of detectives from the Devon and Cornwall Police Major Crime Investigation Team is working on the case.
A cordon has been set up around the address.
You may also want to watch:
No details on the identity of the two who died have been given yet due to next of kin issues.
Superintendent Richard Baker said yesterday that police were still trying to piece together the series of events which preceded the tragedy.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
"We are still in the process of identifying the two bodies, how they came to be there and notifying the two deceaseds next of kin," he said.
"This is a very unusual incident and we appreciate that the local residents have concerns.
"We will be placing high visibility patrols in the area for the time being as a reassurance measure."
Police ar appealing to anyone who may have been in the area of Fort Mead Close in Barnstaple yesterday morning at around 9am to get in touch.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious should also contact the police on 08452 777444 quoting log 404 220810.