Murder inquiry detectives to visit Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for a missing woman last seen in the town 12 years ago will be visiting North Devon next week.
DETECTIVES will be visiting Ilfracombe next week as part of a murder inquiry launched to trace a missing woman last seen in the town 12 years ago.
Catherine Nee from Reading was last seen by her family in Ilfracombe when she was 31-years-old and a team of detectives from Thames Valley Police are heading to North Devon as part of their investigation.
It follows the arrest of a 47-year-old Reading man on suspicion of her murder. He has been released on bail until February 26.
Before Christmas police launched a missing person investigation on behalf of her family, who were trying to trace her.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine, often known as ‘Kathy’, lived in the Fore Street area of Ilfracombe for about 18 months around 2001 and 2002, possibly with her yellow Labrador dog named Prince.
Her family issued a statement in November appealing for her to get in touch, saying: “We all miss you so much and would like for you to come home. You have six very beautiful grandchildren who would love to meet their grandmother.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
“The whole family misses you and we all just want you to come home or at least get in touch with us to let us know you are safe and well.”
Detective Inspector Kev Mahon, who is heading the investigation to trace Catherine, said: “We are continuing to appeal to anyone who knew Catherine or has any information of her whereabouts. Her family is desperate to trace her so we urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
Police have appealed for help from anyone who knew Catherine while she was living in Ilfracombe, information on when they last saw her, or any knowledge of what might have happened to her.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Thames Valley Police 24-hour Enquiry Line on 101 and quote URN 897 of 16/11/12.