Murder inquiry at South Molton
Police arrest a 66-year-old man following death of 20-year-old
POLICE launched a murder inquiry after a 20-year-old man died in North Devon District Hospital following an incident at a house in South Molton.
A 66-year-old man, a distant relative of the deceased, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at the Exeter Custody Centre.
Polic cordoned off Snurridge House, near South Molton, for forensic examinations to take place following the incident at about 3.30am yesterday (Sunday) .
The 20-year=old man, as yet unnamed, was taken to North Devon District Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector David Thorne, the senior investigating officer, said it was an extremely sad incident.
He said: “Following the incident, paramedics transported the local 20-year-old male to North Devon District Hospital where he later died.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
“A 66-year-old male, who is a distant family relative and lives in the South Molton area, has been arrested for murder.”