Murder inquiry at South Molton
Police arrest a 66-year-old man following death of 20-year-old
POLICE launched a murder inquiry after a 20-year-old man died in North Devon District Hospital following an incident at a house in South Molton.
A 66-year-old man, a distant relative of the deceased, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at the Exeter Custody Centre.
Polic cordoned off Snurridge House, near South Molton, for forensic examinations to take place following the incident at about 3.30am yesterday (Sunday) .
The 20-year=old man, as yet unnamed, was taken to North Devon District Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Detective Inspector David Thorne, the senior investigating officer, said it was an extremely sad incident.
He said: “Following the incident, paramedics transported the local 20-year-old male to North Devon District Hospital where he later died.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
“A 66-year-old male, who is a distant family relative and lives in the South Molton area, has been arrested for murder.”