Murder inquiry at South Molton
Police arrest a 66-year-old man following death of 20-year-old
POLICE launched a murder inquiry after a 20-year-old man died in North Devon District Hospital following an incident at a house in South Molton.
A 66-year-old man, a distant relative of the deceased, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at the Exeter Custody Centre.
Polic cordoned off Snurridge House, near South Molton, for forensic examinations to take place following the incident at about 3.30am yesterday (Sunday) .
The 20-year=old man, as yet unnamed, was taken to North Devon District Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector David Thorne, the senior investigating officer, said it was an extremely sad incident.
He said: “Following the incident, paramedics transported the local 20-year-old male to North Devon District Hospital where he later died.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
“A 66-year-old male, who is a distant family relative and lives in the South Molton area, has been arrested for murder.”