Mural opposing Tesco plans covered over in Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
Less than a month after it appeared, the mural by Mau Mau has been covered over.
A GIANT mural which appeared on a wall in Westward Ho! opposing plans for a new Tesco store has been covered over.
The artwork by renowned street artist Mau Mau, titled Invasion of the Supermarkets, depicted a movie-like scene with slogans such as ‘very little helps’.
It first appeared completed on September 9, but less than a month later has been covered with a coat of white paint.
The painting was produced over the tip of an existing mural which was painted to mark the turn of the millennium.
You may also want to watch:
The Gazette has received unconfirmed reports that another mural has been commissioned to replace the one opposing Tesco.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience