Mural opposing Tesco plans covered over in Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
Less than a month after it appeared, the mural by Mau Mau has been covered over.
A GIANT mural which appeared on a wall in Westward Ho! opposing plans for a new Tesco store has been covered over.
The artwork by renowned street artist Mau Mau, titled Invasion of the Supermarkets, depicted a movie-like scene with slogans such as ‘very little helps’.
It first appeared completed on September 9, but less than a month later has been covered with a coat of white paint.
The painting was produced over the tip of an existing mural which was painted to mark the turn of the millennium.
You may also want to watch:
The Gazette has received unconfirmed reports that another mural has been commissioned to replace the one opposing Tesco.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar