Mums’ baby ‘market’ offers money for old rompers
New business venture has the ethical edge in baby goods
A GROUP of new mums is launching a brand new second-hand baby clothes, toys and equipment venture in Braunton on Sunday.
The market-type event at Braunton Youth Centre is the first of its kind organised by new mum Sophie Williams and her friends Katrina Harris and Helen Venn from the “All Sorts” baby business.
“We all had little girls within weeks of each other early last year and after struggling to find quality second-hand items, we had an idea to start a business of our own,” said Sophie.
“We decided to start selling good quality second-hand baby goods but instead of renting a shop, are planning on holding regular ‘markets’ in the village.”
You may also want to watch:
The idea has since grown and Sunday’s first market, from 10am to 2pm, will also feature new handmade bags and beads, as well as homemade cakes and a selection of charity stalls including the Dogs’ Trust.
Families wanting to sell unwanted or out-grown items of clothing or equipment will earn half the selling price of the garments they give to All Sorts to re-sell.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
“I have grown up in the village and I feel really passionately about recycling and feel that this can be a great attraction for local people and visitors too,” added Sophie.
“If successful we are very keen to make this a regular event in the village and we would like to appeal to anyone interested in having a stall to get in touch.”
A second sale is being organised for Saturday March 19.
For more information, or to offer baby clothes for sale, contact Sophie Williams on 07827 799641 or email email@example.com