Mums and tots enjoy North Devon Farm Park
Families enjoy fun day out at breastfeeding awareness event
FAMILIES gathered at North Devon Farm Park on Wednesday to celebrate the benefits of breast feeding with the charity Action for Children.
The youngsters were treated to a range of fun activities, feeding the lambs and stroking the goats while mothers discussed the benefits with professionals and shared experiences.
The event was organised by children’s charity Action for Children which runs nine children’s centres across North Devon in partnership with Devon County Council.
“Breastfeeding is the healthiest way for a woman to feed her baby so we are absolutely delighted to be holding a fun event to celebrate breastfeeding with our families,” said Jane Southwick, manager of Bideford Bay and Holsworthy centres.
You may also want to watch:
The event was a clear success and for any more information about the work the charity does and upcoming events visit the website www.actionforchildren.org.uk.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand