Mums and tots enjoy North Devon Farm Park
Families enjoy fun day out at breastfeeding awareness event
FAMILIES gathered at North Devon Farm Park on Wednesday to celebrate the benefits of breast feeding with the charity Action for Children.
The youngsters were treated to a range of fun activities, feeding the lambs and stroking the goats while mothers discussed the benefits with professionals and shared experiences.
The event was organised by children’s charity Action for Children which runs nine children’s centres across North Devon in partnership with Devon County Council.
“Breastfeeding is the healthiest way for a woman to feed her baby so we are absolutely delighted to be holding a fun event to celebrate breastfeeding with our families,” said Jane Southwick, manager of Bideford Bay and Holsworthy centres.
The event was a clear success and for any more information about the work the charity does and upcoming events visit the website www.actionforchildren.org.uk.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity