Mum and daughter move mountains for charity trek
Due bid to raise �10,000 for North Devon Hospice.
A BARNSTAPLE mother and daughter have been ‘moving mountains’ to raise money for North Devon Hospice ahead of a trip to conquer one of the world’s tallest peaks.
Lisa and Charlotte Bousted have already raised more than �7,000 towards their �10,000 target and are hoping that a Christmas market on Sunday will take them one step closer to the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro.
The market at St John’s Community Hall near Tesco takes place from 2-5pm and will offer a host of stalls featuring crafts, cards, jewellery, cosmetics, cakes, toys and more.
A similar table top sale earlier this month raised �424.45 and other fund-raising events organised by the Bousteds have proved just as popular.
You may also want to watch:
A North Devon-wide mobile phone recycling drive fetched just under �300, while a number of sponsored swims raised �4,400, and an Olympic-themed quiz night raised �300.
The duo will be heading out to Tanzania next summer and Charlotte hopes to celebrate her 19th birthday at the summit on June 19.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
She said: “We started fund-raising in the summer and it’s been non-stop since then.
“It’s been hard work and a lot of effort over the last few months but we want to thank everybody who has supported us so far.
“Hopefully with one big final push, we can make it to Tanzania.”
To donate to the Bousted’s appeal, readers can visit their Just Giving web page, www.justgiving.com/Lisa-Bousted