Muddiford road to reopen at Easter
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Repairs after landslip continue as motorists asked to bear with diversions for a few more weeks.
THE road at Muddiford is set to reopen by Easter, Devon County Council has said.
The 200 metre stretch of the B3230 was closed more than a week ago for essential repairs after a landslip.
The verge is being rebuilt, the road stabilised and a 3.6 metre retaining wall created.
The road is currently closed some 200 metres from the Muddiford Inn, in the Barnstaple direction, up to the Plaistow Mills Fishery entrance. Road entrances and building access will not be within the closure.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for highway said: “To leave it any longer would bring more problems in the long term and probably result in a worse situation for local traders and residents,” said County Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for highways.
“We ask the community to bear with us, diversions are in place and signs have been put up stating businesses are open as usual.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
Local County Councillor Andrea Davis added: “Motorists should not ignore the road closed sign unless they are accessing properties, however the Muddiford Inn is open for business as usual.”
The majority of the works are planned to be completed by Friday 29 March. A diversion route is signposted for all traffic via the A361 and the A3123.
A shuttle bus is in operation to link to the 301 bus service. Contact Filers Bus Travel on 01271 863819 for information.