Muddiford road to reopen at Easter
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Repairs after landslip continue as motorists asked to bear with diversions for a few more weeks.
THE road at Muddiford is set to reopen by Easter, Devon County Council has said.
The 200 metre stretch of the B3230 was closed more than a week ago for essential repairs after a landslip.
The verge is being rebuilt, the road stabilised and a 3.6 metre retaining wall created.
The road is currently closed some 200 metres from the Muddiford Inn, in the Barnstaple direction, up to the Plaistow Mills Fishery entrance. Road entrances and building access will not be within the closure.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for highway said: “To leave it any longer would bring more problems in the long term and probably result in a worse situation for local traders and residents,” said County Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for highways.
“We ask the community to bear with us, diversions are in place and signs have been put up stating businesses are open as usual.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Local County Councillor Andrea Davis added: “Motorists should not ignore the road closed sign unless they are accessing properties, however the Muddiford Inn is open for business as usual.”
The majority of the works are planned to be completed by Friday 29 March. A diversion route is signposted for all traffic via the A361 and the A3123.
A shuttle bus is in operation to link to the 301 bus service. Contact Filers Bus Travel on 01271 863819 for information.