Muddiford road to reopen at Easter
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Repairs after landslip continue as motorists asked to bear with diversions for a few more weeks.
THE road at Muddiford is set to reopen by Easter, Devon County Council has said.
The 200 metre stretch of the B3230 was closed more than a week ago for essential repairs after a landslip.
The verge is being rebuilt, the road stabilised and a 3.6 metre retaining wall created.
The road is currently closed some 200 metres from the Muddiford Inn, in the Barnstaple direction, up to the Plaistow Mills Fishery entrance. Road entrances and building access will not be within the closure.
Devon County Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for highway said: “To leave it any longer would bring more problems in the long term and probably result in a worse situation for local traders and residents,” said County Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for highways.
“We ask the community to bear with us, diversions are in place and signs have been put up stating businesses are open as usual.”
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
Local County Councillor Andrea Davis added: “Motorists should not ignore the road closed sign unless they are accessing properties, however the Muddiford Inn is open for business as usual.”
The majority of the works are planned to be completed by Friday 29 March. A diversion route is signposted for all traffic via the A361 and the A3123.
A shuttle bus is in operation to link to the 301 bus service. Contact Filers Bus Travel on 01271 863819 for information.