MP to inspect Westward Ho! flood damage
- Credit: Archant
Geoffrey Cox will be imspecting the damage from recent storms on Westward Ho! seafront and talking to residents.
THE MP for Torridge and West Devon will be visiting Westward Ho! on Friday to inspect the damage caused by recent flooding.
Geoffrey Cox was invited by business owners and residents who are concerned about the damage caused during the recent storms.
Mr Cox will start his visit at Martin’s Amusements on the Slipway, where he will speak to local businessman John Martin about the impact on his business.
He will then walk along the sea front, and will be discuss residents’ concerns as he inspects the damage to the sea wall, businesses and pebble ridge.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cox said: “This is a problem which I have been involved with for many years, and one which I have previously raised in Westminster where I made a speech about the Pebble Ridge and the need to protect the coast.
“It is a source of real concern. Since the recent flooding I have written to the Environment Agency and Torridge District Council to ensure that everything possible is being done to protect homes and businesses from future flooding.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Mr Cox said he would also be seeking meetings with the relevant authorities and the Government following his visit.