MP to inspect Westward Ho! flood damage
- Credit: Archant
Geoffrey Cox will be imspecting the damage from recent storms on Westward Ho! seafront and talking to residents.
THE MP for Torridge and West Devon will be visiting Westward Ho! on Friday to inspect the damage caused by recent flooding.
Geoffrey Cox was invited by business owners and residents who are concerned about the damage caused during the recent storms.
Mr Cox will start his visit at Martin’s Amusements on the Slipway, where he will speak to local businessman John Martin about the impact on his business.
He will then walk along the sea front, and will be discuss residents’ concerns as he inspects the damage to the sea wall, businesses and pebble ridge.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cox said: “This is a problem which I have been involved with for many years, and one which I have previously raised in Westminster where I made a speech about the Pebble Ridge and the need to protect the coast.
“It is a source of real concern. Since the recent flooding I have written to the Environment Agency and Torridge District Council to ensure that everything possible is being done to protect homes and businesses from future flooding.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Mr Cox said he would also be seeking meetings with the relevant authorities and the Government following his visit.