MP to inspect Westward Ho! flood damage
- Credit: Archant
Geoffrey Cox will be imspecting the damage from recent storms on Westward Ho! seafront and talking to residents.
THE MP for Torridge and West Devon will be visiting Westward Ho! on Friday to inspect the damage caused by recent flooding.
Geoffrey Cox was invited by business owners and residents who are concerned about the damage caused during the recent storms.
Mr Cox will start his visit at Martin’s Amusements on the Slipway, where he will speak to local businessman John Martin about the impact on his business.
He will then walk along the sea front, and will be discuss residents’ concerns as he inspects the damage to the sea wall, businesses and pebble ridge.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cox said: “This is a problem which I have been involved with for many years, and one which I have previously raised in Westminster where I made a speech about the Pebble Ridge and the need to protect the coast.
“It is a source of real concern. Since the recent flooding I have written to the Environment Agency and Torridge District Council to ensure that everything possible is being done to protect homes and businesses from future flooding.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
Mr Cox said he would also be seeking meetings with the relevant authorities and the Government following his visit.