MP’s five parish Atlantic Array meeting
- Credit: Archant
Geoffrey Cox MP meets with people from parishes that will be affected by the proposed giant offshore wind farm.
TORRIDGE MP met with the Five Parishes Working Group on Friday to discuss the Atlantic Array and the next steps in response to the planning proposal for the offshore wind farm.
Representatives from Abbotsham, Alverdiscott, Alwington, Littleham and Northam attended the meeting at Littleham Village Hall to hear the MP’s plans.
He said this was ‘simply the start of the journey’, and that he planned to take a number of actions to ensure the best possible outcome for his constituents.
He expressed concern that devleoper RWE currently didn’t appear to be fully addressing the concerns being raised: “I will meet with RWE again soon if no resolution is reached,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to ensure the concerns of my constituents are heard and addressed, and they are simply not receiving adequate attention at the moment.”
He also spoke about plans to meet with RWE if the project goes ahead, to put in place an effective method of resolving issues, which any contractor must abide by, to limit the potential impact on those affected by the onshore cabling works.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes