MP opens Holsworthy Credit Union
GEOFFREY Cox, MP for Torridge and West Devon has formally launched the Holsworthy Credit Union The not-for-profit service is available to anyone and offers the opportunity to have access to the type of account that allows the customer to save as little o
GEOFFREY Cox, MP for Torridge and West Devon has formally launched the Holsworthy Credit Union The not-for-profit service is available to anyone and offers the opportunity to have access to the type of account that allows the customer to save as little or as much as they are capable of, without restrictions or penalties.
The MP met volunteers of the credit union to discuss the work they will do, and how the service has been successfully run in other areas such as Torrington.
The credit union also offers the option to borrow up to two times a person's savings, at an interest rate of just one per cent per month - something that the MP thought would be extremely useful, particularly during the current economic hardship.
Mr Cox said: "The Credit Union, as an impartial service, is something that I am sure will be very much valued in Holsworthy. I understand that the union will not only provide financial services, but also offer education to local schools on everyday banking matters - that will be of great use to pupils in helping them to start life with good financial habits. "
You may also want to watch:
He continued: "This is a marvellous thing for the community and I want to congratulate all those involved, and I hope it goes from strength to strength. I will certainly do whatever I can to promote and help the service".
The Credit Union is open on Wednesdays from 10am - 12noon and is located at the Torridge Voluntary Services Office in Manor Court, Holsworthy.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice