MP opens Holsworthy Credit Union
GEOFFREY Cox, MP for Torridge and West Devon has formally launched the Holsworthy Credit Union The not-for-profit service is available to anyone and offers the opportunity to have access to the type of account that allows the customer to save as little o
GEOFFREY Cox, MP for Torridge and West Devon has formally launched the Holsworthy Credit Union The not-for-profit service is available to anyone and offers the opportunity to have access to the type of account that allows the customer to save as little or as much as they are capable of, without restrictions or penalties.
The MP met volunteers of the credit union to discuss the work they will do, and how the service has been successfully run in other areas such as Torrington.
The credit union also offers the option to borrow up to two times a person's savings, at an interest rate of just one per cent per month - something that the MP thought would be extremely useful, particularly during the current economic hardship.
Mr Cox said: "The Credit Union, as an impartial service, is something that I am sure will be very much valued in Holsworthy. I understand that the union will not only provide financial services, but also offer education to local schools on everyday banking matters - that will be of great use to pupils in helping them to start life with good financial habits. "
He continued: "This is a marvellous thing for the community and I want to congratulate all those involved, and I hope it goes from strength to strength. I will certainly do whatever I can to promote and help the service".
The Credit Union is open on Wednesdays from 10am - 12noon and is located at the Torridge Voluntary Services Office in Manor Court, Holsworthy.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage