MP lobbies to keep school dinners healthy
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey is lobbying the Governemnet to keep school dinners healthy. In response to recent reports that the School Food Trust - charged with improving school meals - may be abolished, Mr Harvey has written to Children s Minister Sarah T
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey is lobbying the Governemnet to keep school dinners healthy.
In response to recent reports that the School Food Trust - charged with improving school meals - may be abolished, Mr Harvey has written to Children's Minister Sarah Teather MP asking what plans the Government has to keep school dinners healthy.
He said: "The mandatory guidelines that the School Food Trust has set have been difficult for many schools to meet, especially given the added pressure the guidelines have placed on school budgets.
"However, there are concerns that the Department for Education may replace too many legislative guidelines with too few.
You may also want to watch:
"We all know how important child nutrition is toward improving academic performance and tackling childhood obesity. So even though some government spending will decrease, we must ensure that children don't lose out.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer