MP disappointed by Fullabrook noise findings
Study shows a third of sites tested exceeded acceptable noise levels.
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey has said he is ‘disappointed’ by the preliminary results of the noise monitoring exercise being conducted at the Fullabrook wind farm.
Mr Harvey issued a statement in response to a study that showed noise levels recorded at only four of 12 locations around the site exceeded those set out in planning conditions.
Mr Harvey said: “Judging by the level of complaints I have received I am somewhat surprised that there does not seem to be a problem with Fullabrook wind farm.
“Noise, flicker and vibration have all been an issue for some residents living in the shadow of the turbines.
“According to the preliminary findings by the developers ESB only a third of the locations tested are slightly above the norm.
“I doubt the residents near the 12 sites chosen will be greatly reassured by these results and I wait with interest to see what steps ESB propose to take to address their concerns.”
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple