MP Cox calls businessmen to forum
Minister will attend meeting
TORRIDGE and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox is calling on businessmen in his constituency to attend a business forum he is organising next month.
Mark Prisk MP, the Minister of State for Business and Enterprise, will be attending the event, being held in Tavistock on Wednesday of next week (August 3).
It will give local business people a chance to listen to and take part in discussions with both the MP and the Minister.
Mr Cox said: “I have been running a campaign to bring greater attention to the interests of businesses in our market towns and rural communities with the aim of highlighting to both government and local authorities the positive changes that could be made to support them.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of this campaign, I invited the Minister of State for Business and Enterprise, Mark Prisk MP, to visit the constituency, with a view to providing an opportunity for members of the local business community to put their views and ideas directly to the Minister.”
Anyone who wishes to attend or who would like more information should contact the Constituency office on (01237) 459001.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park