MP Cox calls businessmen to forum
Minister will attend meeting
TORRIDGE and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox is calling on businessmen in his constituency to attend a business forum he is organising next month.
Mark Prisk MP, the Minister of State for Business and Enterprise, will be attending the event, being held in Tavistock on Wednesday of next week (August 3).
It will give local business people a chance to listen to and take part in discussions with both the MP and the Minister.
Mr Cox said: “I have been running a campaign to bring greater attention to the interests of businesses in our market towns and rural communities with the aim of highlighting to both government and local authorities the positive changes that could be made to support them.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of this campaign, I invited the Minister of State for Business and Enterprise, Mark Prisk MP, to visit the constituency, with a view to providing an opportunity for members of the local business community to put their views and ideas directly to the Minister.”
Anyone who wishes to attend or who would like more information should contact the Constituency office on (01237) 459001.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall