MP champions breast cancer charity day
- Credit: Archant
Nick Harvey tickled pink by campaign’s biggest ever fundraiser
North Devon MP Nick Harvey has encouraged local people to take part in the Breast Cancer Campaign’s biggest ever fundraiser and ’Wear It Pink’ for the day.
Over the last 10 years the charity’s unique initiative has raised £23 million in vital funding for lifesaving research.
This year’s event on Friday October 25 will continue the good work, with people in North Devon’s schools, colleges and businesses donating £2 to dress up in pink and help researchers find a cure for breast cancer.
“The ‘Wear It Pink’ day is a great way to help in the search for a cure for Breast Cancer and I’d encourage as many people as possible in North Devon to get involved,” said Mr Harvey.
You may also want to watch:
“Every year in the UK around 50,000 women and around 400 men are diagnosed with breast cancer. Many of us will know someone who has lost a friend or family to this illness and this is why we need to support Breast Cancer Campaign in the fight against this terrible disease.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail