MP champions breast cancer charity day
- Credit: Archant
Nick Harvey tickled pink by campaign’s biggest ever fundraiser
North Devon MP Nick Harvey has encouraged local people to take part in the Breast Cancer Campaign’s biggest ever fundraiser and ’Wear It Pink’ for the day.
Over the last 10 years the charity’s unique initiative has raised £23 million in vital funding for lifesaving research.
This year’s event on Friday October 25 will continue the good work, with people in North Devon’s schools, colleges and businesses donating £2 to dress up in pink and help researchers find a cure for breast cancer.
“The ‘Wear It Pink’ day is a great way to help in the search for a cure for Breast Cancer and I’d encourage as many people as possible in North Devon to get involved,” said Mr Harvey.
You may also want to watch:
“Every year in the UK around 50,000 women and around 400 men are diagnosed with breast cancer. Many of us will know someone who has lost a friend or family to this illness and this is why we need to support Breast Cancer Campaign in the fight against this terrible disease.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple