Move show to Chivenor?
SIR - To avoid North Devon s annual mud bath why can t the North Devon county Show be held on Chivenor airfield? There are acres and acres of underused runways, taxi ways and aprons, all constructed and maintained to the highest specification and more imp
SIR - To avoid North Devon's annual mud bath why can't the North Devon county Show be held on Chivenor airfield?
There are acres and acres of underused runways, taxi ways and aprons, all constructed and maintained to the highest specification and more importantly with excellent drainage.
The access to Chivenor is far superior to Huntshaw Cross and Umberleigh - next year's proposed site- and would avoid long queues of stationary traffic damaging the environment.
Public events have been held at Chivenor in the past; remember the splendid air shows when it was a fully operational RAF station and latterly the motor sprint events.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple