Move show to Chivenor?
SIR - To avoid North Devon s annual mud bath why can t the North Devon county Show be held on Chivenor airfield? There are acres and acres of underused runways, taxi ways and aprons, all constructed and maintained to the highest specification and more imp
SIR - To avoid North Devon's annual mud bath why can't the North Devon county Show be held on Chivenor airfield?
There are acres and acres of underused runways, taxi ways and aprons, all constructed and maintained to the highest specification and more importantly with excellent drainage.
The access to Chivenor is far superior to Huntshaw Cross and Umberleigh - next year's proposed site- and would avoid long queues of stationary traffic damaging the environment.
Public events have been held at Chivenor in the past; remember the splendid air shows when it was a fully operational RAF station and latterly the motor sprint events.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice