Move show to Chivenor?
SIR - To avoid North Devon s annual mud bath why can t the North Devon county Show be held on Chivenor airfield? There are acres and acres of underused runways, taxi ways and aprons, all constructed and maintained to the highest specification and more imp
SIR - To avoid North Devon's annual mud bath why can't the North Devon county Show be held on Chivenor airfield?
There are acres and acres of underused runways, taxi ways and aprons, all constructed and maintained to the highest specification and more importantly with excellent drainage.
The access to Chivenor is far superior to Huntshaw Cross and Umberleigh - next year's proposed site- and would avoid long queues of stationary traffic damaging the environment.
Public events have been held at Chivenor in the past; remember the splendid air shows when it was a fully operational RAF station and latterly the motor sprint events.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington