Motorists warned of M5 roadworks this summer
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Work between Tiverton and Cullompton junctions due to start next week and could last until August 22.
MOTORISTS are being warned of possible delays on the M5 this summer due to planned resurfacing work.
Overnight work on a three-mile section of the motorway between junction 27 at Tiverton and 28 at Cullompton will start on Monday June 16 and is not expected to be finished until Friday, August 22.
Highways Agency spokesperson Andrew Clark said work would be carried out between 7pm and 6am and no work would take place at weekends.
“Work has been planned to minimise disruption and that is why work will take place overnight, when traffic flows are lowest,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The work will require various lane and slip road closures at different stages of the works and clearly signed diversion routes will be in place during these times.
“We advise road users to allow slightly more time to complete their journeys.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
The work will be carried out on both carriageways.”