Motorists warned of link road closure
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Resurfacing work planned for 15-mile stretch of A361.
MOTORISTS are being warned about planned closures to the A361 North Devon Link Road.
Road resurfacing and bridge repair will take place along a 15-mile stretch from Tiverton to South Molton.
The work between roundabouts at Bolham and Bish Mill will take place overnight on week days from Monday, September 16 for 10 days from 8pm to 6am.
At the same time, bridge maintenance teams will be carrying out repairs to Exe Bridge, Sturcombe Viaduct and Ash Mill Viaduct.
You may also want to watch:
All other bridges on route will have routine maintenance, gully cleaning, surface patching and resurfacing.
Devon County Council highways cabinet member Stuart Hughes said: “It makes sense for these various teams to work together to complete this important piece of work within one time span.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
“Whilst we appreciate this may cause some disruption to road users, we have tried to optimise the resources we have to enable the work to be done as quickly as possible.”
All diversion routes will be signed with personnel on site to assist when required.
In addition to this, work is to be carried out just west of Tiverton on the B3137 at Cruwys Morchard starting on Monday, September 9 for 10 weeks.
Daytime closures will be in place from 8.30am until 5pm with temporary traffic lights in use outside these times.
The works are to replace the road restraint system and to stabilise the embankments supporting the carriageway.
Businesses in the area will be open as usual and signs will be put in place before the works commence to advise road users.