Motorists warned of bypass closures
Series of weekend closures on the cards throughout April and May.
MOTORISTS are being warned of a number of weekend closures planned on the Barnstaple Western Bypass at Lake Roundabout throughout April and May.
Essential reconstruction and resurfacing will be carried out by South West Highways on behalf of BAM Nuttall Ltd, before Devon County Council adopts the road.
The work will be carried out in two phases over six weekends, starting from Lake Roundabout to Bishops Tawton Roundabout on Saturday, April 14.
The second phase will then focus on the section from Lake Roundabout to Roundswell Roundabout, from Saturday, May 5.
You may also want to watch:
The council said work will start at 7pm on Saturday night and finish at 12am on Monday morning in time for the normal weekday traffic.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe