Motorists warned of bypass closures
Series of weekend closures on the cards throughout April and May.
MOTORISTS are being warned of a number of weekend closures planned on the Barnstaple Western Bypass at Lake Roundabout throughout April and May.
Essential reconstruction and resurfacing will be carried out by South West Highways on behalf of BAM Nuttall Ltd, before Devon County Council adopts the road.
The work will be carried out in two phases over six weekends, starting from Lake Roundabout to Bishops Tawton Roundabout on Saturday, April 14.
The second phase will then focus on the section from Lake Roundabout to Roundswell Roundabout, from Saturday, May 5.
You may also want to watch:
The council said work will start at 7pm on Saturday night and finish at 12am on Monday morning in time for the normal weekday traffic.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon