Motorists warned of bypass closures
Series of weekend closures on the cards throughout April and May.
MOTORISTS are being warned of a number of weekend closures planned on the Barnstaple Western Bypass at Lake Roundabout throughout April and May.
Essential reconstruction and resurfacing will be carried out by South West Highways on behalf of BAM Nuttall Ltd, before Devon County Council adopts the road.
The work will be carried out in two phases over six weekends, starting from Lake Roundabout to Bishops Tawton Roundabout on Saturday, April 14.
The second phase will then focus on the section from Lake Roundabout to Roundswell Roundabout, from Saturday, May 5.
You may also want to watch:
The council said work will start at 7pm on Saturday night and finish at 12am on Monday morning in time for the normal weekday traffic.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty